What is Organic Almond Oil?
Scientific Name: Prunus dulcis
Family Name: Rosaceae
*Certified organically grown
Inesscents™ Organic Almond Oil is a natural emollient, which softens, soothes and reconditions dry skin. Rich in vitamins and essential fatty acids, it is easily absorbed and does not feel greasy or clog pores. Our almond oil is cold-pressed in central California by a family owned Certified Organic Farm.The temperature never exceeds 120 ̊F during the pressing. Most commercial almond oil is expelled and pressed at higher temperatures, resulting in a more processed oil with less available nutrients.
There are two types of almonds, sweet and bitter. It is from the sweet almonds (the same almonds that we eat) in which we obtain our organic almond oil. Bitter almonds are poisonous in their raw state and must be boiled or baked in order to safely use them. They are most often used to obtain almond flavors, extract, and fragrances.
Almond is a part of the plum family and botanically it is a fruit native to the Middle East and North Africa, but now grown in the Mediterranean and California, California being the largest supplier of almonds in the United States.
What Vitamins/ nutrients are in organic almond oil?
- Cold-pressed, organic almond oil is high in Vitamin A and E
- Rich in essentil fatty acids and phytosterols.
- Cold Pressed and Unrefined
How to use organic almond oil?:
- Skin Hydration – Pour a few drops into your hand, rub your palms together and massage into dry skin.
- Reducing Fine Lines – Dab a small amount under eyes to soothe and nourish delicate skin.
- Daily Facial Moisturizer – Apply to face as a light day moisturizer.
- Massage – Rub into feet to soften callouses and ease tension.
- Stretch Marks – Rub into scars or stretch marks to help skin elasticity.
- Hot Oil Treatment – Warm in a pot of hot water. Massage into hair and scalp. Cover head for 1 or more hours. Shampoo and condition.
- Sensitive Skin – Organic sweet almond oil is known to soothe irritated skin.
- Dry Skin – Helps prevent ashy skin, chapping, chaffing and rashes as well as cracked and rough skin.
- Protection from the Elements – For use on skin that has been overexposed to wind, sun and arid climates.