What is Calendula Oil?
Scientific Name: Calendula officinalis
Family Name: Asteraceae
*Certified organically grown
Inesscents™ solar-infused Organic Calendula Oil is extremely gentle and nourishing to even the most sensitive skin. From baby bums to mature skin, calendula supports a healthy, glowing complexion.
Calendula is a flower native to Southewest Asia, Europe and the Mediterranean which holds a beautifully vivid color due to the high amount of flavinoids it contains. It is easy to grow and adds beauty and balance to any garden. Calendula got its name from it's blooming cycle which happens with each new moon. This flower has been a part of many cultures and is used in a variety of ways. Because of its vibrant beauty it was used as an adornment in ancient ceremonies to celebrate the gods. It has also been used to top certain culinary dishes, as a dye, and as a medicinal herb. Calendula is a highly healing botanical perfect for every home's first aid kit or medicine cabinet. It properties are many making it a versatile go-to for a myriad of conditions. Anti-inflammitory, anti-fungal, and anticeptic are just a few gifts of this beautiful flower.
What Vitamins / Nutrients are in Calendula?
- Rich in B-Complex Vitamins, Vit E and K
- High in Omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants
How to use Organic Calendula Oil?
- Cleanser- Use a small amount on cuts, scrapes, bruises, insect bites and minor wounds to help support healing
- Facial Moisturizer- The anti-bacterial and anti-inflamatory properties of calendula make it a good facial moisturizer for dry, irritated or acne prone skin.
- Compress - Use a warm or cold compress on irritated skin
- Reducing Fine Lines - Dab a small amount under eyes to soothe and nourish delicate skin.
- Soothing Inflammation – Irritated skin can be supported with small amounts of Organic Calendula oil
- Sensitive Skin - Safe for use with the most sensitive skin.
- Healing - Calendula oil is particularly good treatment for cuts, scrapes, bruises, insect bites and minor wounds. It’s antifungal and so can help to cure thrush.