What is Avocado Oil?
Scientific Name: Persea gratissima
Family Name: Lauracaea
*Certified organically grown
Inesscents™ Organic Avocado Oil is a cold-pressed, ultra-rich and nutrient dense body oil that is full of vitamins and essential fatty acids beneficial for the skin. This rich, green oil is made from the fresh meat of the avocado and supports the skin’s ability to retain moisture.
Avocado oil is one of the healthiest oils on the market due to its high content of monounsaturated fats and natural tocopherols. The oil is obtained by the cold pressing of the mesocarp, the green fleshy part of the fruit at temperatures under 95 ̊F to preserve its nutritional integrity. The UCLA Center for Human Nutrition in California declared that, compared to other fruits, avocado has the highest content of vitamin E and is known to contain sterolins, which aid the body in collagen production. This property makes it ideal for people with dry itchy skin or age spots.
Avocado oil contains large amounts of omega-3, which is great protection from UV or solar radiation, thus reducing the risk of skin cancer from excessive sunburns. Its natural hydrating ability allows the skin deeper absorption by the squamous layer of the skin, giving longer lasting and more effective protection from the sun’s rays.
What Vitamins / Nutrients are in organic avocado oil?
- High in vitamin E, D and essential fatty acids.
- Cold-pressed and unrefined
- High sterol content (about 10%)
How to use organic avocado oil?:
- Skin Hydration - Pour a few drops into your hand, rub your palms together and massage into dry skin.
- Reducing Fine Lines - Dab a small amount under eyes to soothe and nourish delicate skin.
- Daily Facial Moisturizer - Apply to face as a light day moisturizer.
- Massage - Rub into feet and heels to soften callouses and ease tension.
- Stretch Marks - Rub into scars or stretch marks to help skin elasticity.
- Hot Oil Treatment - Warm in a pot of hot water. Massage into hair and scalp. Cover head for 1 or more hours. Shampoo and condition.
- Dry Skin - It helps prevent ashy skin, chapping, chaffing and rashes as well as cracked and rough skin.
- Protection from the Elements - For use on skin that has been overexposed to wind, sun and arid climates.
- Sensitive Skin - many people with extremely sensitive skin may be hesitant to use a nut oil on their skin, however, organic sweet almond oil is hypoallergenic and has been know to actually soothe irritated skin.