What is Organic Vegetable Glycerin?
Scientific Name: USP Vegetable Glycerin
*Certified organically grown
Inesscents Organic Vegetable Glycerin is the ultimate humectant, attracting and sealing in moisture, while soothing irritated skin. Used as a key ingredient in many body care products, it is water soluble and provides added moisture for dry skin.
Vegetable glycerin is a clear, odorless liquid produced from plant oils and is extracted from organic, non-GMO soy through a process called hydrolysis. Inesscents organic glycerin is also *USP grade making it an excellent ingredient for the conscious do-it-yourselfer.
Glycerin draws moisture into the skin and then creates a protective layer to keep it in. This makes it an excellent source of overall skin hydration. Combining glycerin with other products (such as organic body oil) also allows healthy nutrients to be absorbed into the skin more easily.
How to use Organic Vegetable Glycerin:
- Do It Yourself – Add to your own Body Care recipes in cleansers, toners, moisturizers.
- Blackheads – Gently rub a small amount of glycerin to skin before bed.
- Oily skin – Dilute with water and leave on skin for 15 minutes.
- Scars and Acne - Apply straight to affected areas to reduce visibility
- Gentle on sensitive skin
- Dry cracked heels – Apply Glycerin to feet before bed. Cover with socks for extra moisture.
*What is USP grade?
USP grade vegetable glycerin is the highest quality glycerin available. It is food grade and is over 99% pure.