What is Organic Castor Oil?
Scientific Name: Ricinus communis
Family Name: Euphorbiaceae
*Certified organically grown
Inesscents™ Organic Castor Oil is one of the finest natural skin emollients available. It is used therapeutically to help support and soften healthy skin and hair and to soothe inflammation.
Castor oil has been used for thousands of years all around the world. It has been referred to as “Palma Christi” or “the Hand of Christ” due to the intricate shape of the leaves. The oil is obtained by cold-pressing the seed of the plant which is native to India. This extraction method ensures the highest level of vital nutrients unlike over-processed versions commonly used in America.
Famous for is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties, castor oil boasts a large variety of uses. This is attributed to it being extremely high in fatty acids, specifically ricinioleic acid, which may be responsible for its healing properties.
Castor oil is quite common in the Body Care industry. You can find it as in ingredient in many soaps, cosmetics, hair care and body oils due to its’ hydrating benefits to skin and hair. One of the most deeply penetrating oils, it is excellent for restoring softness and luster.
What Vitamins / Nutrients are in Organic Castor Oil?
- High in Vitamin E
- High in Omega 3, Omega 9 and essential fatty acids
- Cold pressed and Unrefined
How to Use Organic Castor Oil:
- Hair – Apply a small amount to hair to reduce split ends while conditioning and moisturizing hair.
- Dry Skin – The high concentration of fatty acids restores hydration and softness to the skin.
- Stretch Marks – Apply to affected area. Castor Oil penetrates deep within the scar tissue while encouraging the growth of healthy tissues around it.
- Reducing Fine Lines – Apply to aging skin, especially around the eyes. When applied to the skin it stimulates the production of collagen and elastin.
- Make a ‘castor oil pack’ – Aids in easing inflammation and detoxification.
- Acne – Rich in ricinoleic acid which fights off acne causing bacteria.
- Apply to lips, nails, cuticles and eyebrows for softness and suppleness.
- Rashes and hives – Apply directly to the skin to promote healing.
- Finger or Toe Fungus – Rub a small amount on the affected are 2 – 3 times per day for up to two months.