Whether you’re struggling with relentlessly dry skin, or cleaning up cut on your finger (or leg, or arm), it’s not uncommon to open the medicine cabinet or grab the first aid kit in search of a fast, effective solution. The use of over-the-counter medications and remedies are often the quick and easy option, but is there a way to keep our healing natural?
While in some instances, seeing a doctor and the use of medication is appropriate and necessary, there are other times where less invasive options are available. Our first aid trio was originally formulated for a naturopathic surgeon who wanted to offer her clients a gentle way to heal from post minor surgery. The result is in our complete first aid line which offers an assortment of beneficial tinctures, blends and oils. We strive to offer our consumers customers a full spectrum of first aid solutions.
First Aid Trio
- Phase 1 First Aid Herbal Tincture: This tincture is made from certified organically grown, wild harvested herbs and flowers. This tincture was carefully crafted to support the body when an unexpected injury occurs. It can have a bite when applied to an open wound, but that is where the magic happens. Perfect for use on minor cuts, scrapes, and abrasions.
- Phase 2 Scar Serum: Inesscents Scar Serum is packed with a powerhouse blend of botanicals, oils and essential oils. Designed to use following Phase 1 Herbal Tincture or on older stubborn problem areas. We recommend that our Scar Serum be used plentifully - an average of 3x per day. This serum boasts a heavenly aroma and we have many fans who swear by it as a facial serum.
- Organic Tamanu Oil is sustainably sourced from the nuts of the tamanu tree, which is indigenous to South East Asia. Each region and culture has coveted this special oil for many centuries earning it the nickname 'Green Gold'. Here at Inesscents we like to call it 'The Deep Green Magical Oil' as it can be used for just about everything skin related. Tamanu oil can be used daily for cuts, scrapes, abrasions, bug bite itches, blemishes, or dry skin.
Supportive Oils and Extracts
- Organic Calendula Oil is extremely gentle and nourishing body oil. We hand infuse our calendual oil on-site using organic Calendula flowers, organic sunflower, and organic olive oil. The result is like flowers in a bottle the is supportive to every skin type. Calendula is traditionally known to assist in calming and soothing irritated skin. Calendula oil can be used on cuts, scrapes, bruises, insect bites, baby bums, rashes and minor wounds.
- Organic Witch Hazel Extract comes from the bark, twigs and leaves of the Hamamelis virginiana plant and are used to extract active constituents called polyphenols and tannins. An excellent toner and astringent, witch hazel naturally locks in moisure and soothes irritated skin.
- Castor Oil, Ricinus communis, comes from the castor seed, native to India. It is extremely high in ricinoleic acid, which is thought to be responsible for its health-promoting abilities. Castor Oil is an age old remedy and was once a staple in most households. Great for cuticles, hair, making "castor oil packs", and our skin just loves plain loves it. One of the special things about Castor Oil is that is ultra-hydrating and penetrates deeply into the skin
There you have it - everything you need for a safe, natural, effictive first aid regime.